Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Welcome To The Fancy Shack!

Hello, and welcome to my new blog! For those who are new, and have not been following me in the past, six months ago I decided to drastically change my home and style of decor. Since Jan. I have sold, painted, shopped, sold, painted, and shopped. The budget for my makeover was whatever I could sell of my old style of decor, which was colonial, and use the money to replace with new items and furniture. I was surprised at how well things have fallen into place. This change was definitely meant to be! I absolutely love my new look. It feels so light, airy, and peaceful when I walk into the room. It was a fun journey deciding what look I wanted to do, and what best reflected my own personal style, as our homes should be a reflection of who we are. Between magazines, pinterest, and blogs, there was a lot of inspiration to be found. I decided to stick with what really spoke to me, and to only choose things I really loved.

Today I will show the fireplace half of our great room, 
We painted the walls in the paint color Classy from Allen and Roth from Lowes. The sconces also came from Lowes. I found the antique mirror and boxwood urns at The White Rabbit in St. Louis. I love that store, and will be sharing more about it in the future. After everything was painted, I realized our dark red brick stuck out like a sore thumb! I whitewashed the brick, which was a surprisingly easy and free project to do!I painted my fireboard with Annie Sloan chalk paint in Paris Gray, and then stenciled in ASCP Old White. The basket was free from One Kings Lane. The chairs are from Overstock.com, how I love overstock.com! These chairs were almost identical to a pair I wanted at Restoration Hardware, but for much less.
I ordered my drapes from etsy, they were one of my splurge purchases, and were so worth it!
Here are my helpers,Luke and our special house guest, Miss Annabelle. Her family is away at the beach this week, I don't want to give her back when they come home, she and Luke get along well. :)
This is where my pie safe use to be. I kept my old dry sink and painted it ASCP Old White, it use to be a dark red. The upper cabinet was one of my first purchases starting my makeover. I walked into The Painted Horse, a store here in town, and it was the first thing I saw. I knew right away that I had to have it. It had been painted white, but it was dingy and dirty. I decided to give it a fresh coat of ASCP Old White.  
The letter J came from Ballard Designs, the old books and candleabra from The White Rabbit, and the old chippy frames were a pleasant discovery in the back carriage house of The Painted Horse.
I found the embroidered hydrangea pillows at Pottery Barn. How I love the texture and details on these!
Thank you so much for stopping by my new blog to take a look at my makeover. I look forward to sharing more with you. I will return soon with the rest of the room,and I am so close to finishing the dining room. So there is a lot more to come! I have decided to link up with Layla at The Lettered Cottage's Summer Mantle  Party, so be sure to head over to her blog to see all the wonderful creative mantles and homes at the party.

 I am also joining in the Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage, come join in the party by clicking, here. Vintage Inspiration at Common Ground here. Jennifer Rizzo's Fabulously Creative Friday here, And Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed here Have a great day! Kimberlee

 

36 comments:

  1. Hi, Kimberlee:

    I just came over from Layla's Summer Fun link party.

    I love your great room - it's beautiful! I especially love the fireboard and the curtains. I will be back to see more of your home for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kimberlee,
    Love the new look! I will be back to visit and get some ideas from ya! Too bad there isnt any forums like there was for the primitive decor....or is there!??? LOL!!! Have a blessed day!
    JUanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your pictures are just beautiful! I love the fireplace styling and curtains! So happy to have found your blog on The Lettered Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks lovely! I love the change. It feels so good in your home. Oh yes, & you have to give Annabelle back to me! I would miss her too much! She & Luke look like good friends in the picture. : o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new look Kimberlee! I will definitely still follow you. I enjoy all kinds of decorating. I have begun to create different style items because my daughters don't share all of the same decorating style that I do. I now have prim, country and shabby chic items on my etsy. Happy decorating. Blessings ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm stopping in from Layla's challenge--your new look is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim...I'm 'lightening' up my primitive look, too...in fact, you inspired me a few months ago when you mentioned that you were changing...it gave me the push to re-paint everything that was once black to white!....I love my new lighter look & I really LOVE your new look!..I call my new style 'farmhouse'...your new style is just plain 'gorgeous'!!...can't wait to see your whole house...thanks for sharing...Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it was certainly worth the wait...just lovely! I also lightened up with a more French Country look and am loving the change. Can't wait to see the rest of your reveal. I've seen your home in both magazines (APP and CS) so I know whatever you do will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ps: Kimberlee, you might want to consider turning off word verification...I think you'll get a lot more comments without .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kimberlee,
    Everything looks amazing!
    You sure have a talent for decorating... In any style.
    So happy you are following your heart and decorating your home in a way that speaks to you.
    You've done a fabulous job.
    Everything looks beautiful!
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your new look...i too am changing my style after many years of dark and prim....keep up the great photos....always a joy to see

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder what is happening in our Prim world. I, too, am going in a more traditional, lighter look! You will enjoy a friend's blog: www.frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com. I have met her and she leads some blogging forums in a wonderful Shabby-chic, cottage-y shop and her house is also to die for! I love, love, love, your new look and wish you were here to help me make the transition easier. Didn't you find it hard to make the decisions as that is what I find takes the longest. You did a FABULOUS job. Will be waiting for more pictures! {{HUGS}} Joy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kimberly,
    I am an old follower of The Patriot Homeplace, Your home was simply colonial perfect but this style looks so fresh and calm. Gorgeous as always. Hugs , Eve

    ReplyDelete
  14. We can always depend on you to show a beautiful room! Such talent you have! I will keep returning to take a peek at your pics and will be looking forward to your prim sales.

    Relax and enjoy your new spaces!

    ~Judy~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kimberlee! It's Lindsay at The White Rabbit. I love what you've done with your mantle! It looks amazing!! Thanks for mentioning us. We're getting more into blogging now so I'll check back with you soon. Great job! It really makes us happy to see our stuff in happy homes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kimberlee, Your living room looks so fresh and pretty. You have a great style and I love what you've done and how you've styled your mantel and cupboard.
    I'm a new follower and hope you'll stop by, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just beautiful! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Light, airy and beautiful!! Pat yourself on the back, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your room. The drapes are beautiful! Your helpers are the best part:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did a fabulous job! The chairs are very nice, but I really love the drapery panels. I have a Rachell Ashwell Sabby Chic bedspread in almost the exact same pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kimberly~ it is gorgeous~ no matter how you decorate you do it right~ I enjoy seeing all styles of decorating~ I will continue to follow~ you have such a gift~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your blog, I'm your newest follower. I just love your greenery, are they real boxwood or did you make them?
    xoxo
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  23. its all soooooo beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super charming~ love your fireplace! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice. Simple and elegant. I love the J. We're J's too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Found you on Layla's summer party. You're so talented at arranging things!! I will definitely be following you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Kimberlee!

    I love the new blog! Your house looks wonderful! You did a fantastic job...of course I knew you would. I cannot wait to see more!

    ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your blog is fabulous! Love your first post - the fireplace screen is amazing and love your pups!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  29. Everything is beautiful! I especially love the curtains... it's amazing how curtains can bring a room together. I'm always searching for just the right fabric! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi! I was checking out your old blog and looking at some pics of your bedroom. Do you remember where you bought your toile bedding for your bedroom? I just love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi!Today I see your blog.BEAUTIFUL!Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Would you mind sharing the name of the etsy store you purchased the curtains?

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm a sucker for yellow labs since my yellow lab Sparks stole my heart. I saw them on Pinterest and had to click! I also love the rest of the living room. Especially the curtains and fireplace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I want to take one of your dogs for a walk. Can I please? I'd even take both although I dunno if I could actually handle that.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.