Friday, July 27, 2012

Living Room Reveal!

Even though I'm still not completely finished, I wanted to share the rest of my living room makeover. There are still little details and things left to do, but that is ok, it wouldn't be fun if it was all done anyway. :) I like having projects and ideas of more things to do. I will have to post some before and afters in another post, this room use to be very dark, with a lot more "stuff". Going lighter has opened this space up.
One of the very first things I purchased for my new look were these french feedsack pillows from Restoration Hardware, they really helped to inspire the whole room. I ordered slipcovers from Surefit, and surprisingly they have only needed to be washed twice so far in the 4 months we have had them on. Not bad for a house with two kids, and a dog who lives on the couch!



The J. Murphy Blacksmith sign  is a piece I have been wanting for a few years now. I love this statement piece, it can go with so many different styles! This is one area that I am not quite finished with yet. I will have to update when I have this area complete.
I chose white lanterns with shells for summer on the coffee table. My mother and grandmother brought the shells back from their trip to North Carolina this spring.
I found the lamps at Target, I felt something was missing so I hot glued some pleated ribbon to the shades.  A very cheap and easy project!
I found this old chippy door at The Painted Horse, the empty corner was a perfect spot for it.
The barn wood framed pictures came from Etsy. I bought the antique white dresser to the left from a friend a few years ago. I knew I wanted it, but didn't have a place for it at the time, so it sat in my garage for three years. When I decided to change my style of decor, I knew I wanted to work it in somehow. So glad I kept it!
I will be doing a post about this buffet and mirror makeover. This was my very first Annie Sloan Chalk Paint makeover. The buffet came from craigslist, and the mirror was a cheap find at a thrift store. We still need to hang that heavy mirror. Another thing on my list to do!
Subway signs are a new love of mine!

I had a hard time deciding what to do on this big empty wall near our entryway. I knew I wanted to do something different from what I had there before. I chose to keep my antique tobacco basket, and I'm so glad I did, it fits this spot perfectly. 
I ordered the clock and lantern online from The Antique Farmhouse. The basket and chalkboard tins are from The White Rabbit in St. Louis. I can't wait to see what fall items they will get in!
Just to keep things real, our couch on a normal day at home with two kids and a dog. Luke absolutely adores the feedsack pillows.
Thanks for stopping by to see my reveal! I will hopefully be able to finish the dining room soon. I will be back next week with a post about our Disney vacation planning and countdown parties. We have been having fun getting ready for our trip! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Parties I am linking to- (My link button isn't behaving on blogger today, so pardon the long links!) French Country Cottage- Miss Mustardseed-http://missmustardseed.com/2012/07/furniture-feature-friday-link-party-favorites-4/ Common Ground- http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/2012/07/vintage-inspiration-98-talking-trash.html Savvy Southern Style-http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/2012/07/wow-us-wednesdays-77.html

47 comments:

  1. Hi,Kimberly~
    wonderful job with your creativity~ really like the colors, white, black with the touch of wood~looks so perfect I would be afraid to sit in this room~the rug/carpet love the design~ a Beautiful room~ compliments to you on your decorating~ you have the eye & talent~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words Teresa, and thank you for stopping by to see my new room! :)

      Delete
  2. I ADORE it!!!!!! Every single nook and cranny is PERFECT! Now following your beautiful blog-
    Come visit me sometime!
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linsey! I will certainly stop by for a visit, nice to meet you!

      Delete
  3. Lovely! Your dog is precious too ; o )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tricia, he is such a big snuggle bug. :)

      Delete
  4. This room feels so welcoming and peaceful to me I dont blame Luke for crashing on the sofa I would too!I am also thinking of going lighter in my living room but am still unsure as to weather or not I should paint my Armoire white or not maybe you could stop by and give me some advise?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deidre, I will have to stop by and see your armoire, sounds like a fun project! :)

      Delete
  5. Simply STUNNING! Love everything on it. I am in the same process too. Going more lighter and having less colonial items and darker colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is fun changing things up, I'm sure you will do a wonderful job!

      Delete
  6. Simply STUNNING! Love everything on it. I am in the same process too. Going more lighter and having less colonial items and darker colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Im loving your blog so much that Im your newest follower cant wait to get to know you better:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new look! I really enjoy all kinds of decorating styles.You have done a wonderful job. Blessings~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara! I do too, I enjoy seeing everyone's different styles. :)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful blog! I'm a new follower. Come check me out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I definitely will, thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  10. I love it all--the pillows and furniture...love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your living room looks so pretty and cozy. You are doing a wonderful job. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  12. Kimberlee: I have been following your other blog for a long time and loved your decorating style, but this new style of yours is to die for! I absolutely think I started to hyper-ventilate at each picture. I need you to help me, but I guess I need a painter first! I love, love, love your new style and can't wait until we see more of it. I have just become a follower, here. Keep up the great work! {{HUGS}}
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joy, I appreciate your kind words. (((Hugs))) Kimberlee

      Delete
  13. So light, bright and airy... love that look.

    Blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Spencer, and thanks for stopping by my new blog. :)

      Delete
  14. I love your living room. I just made white slipcovers for our sofa and chair. Now that I have changed to white, I have to decide if I want to repaint some of the furniture. One project leads to another and we are never done! Enjoy your lovely room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your room sounds pretty,it certainly happens that way, doesn't it? We are never done. :)

      Delete
  15. Hi Kimberlee, so many wonderful things to love about this room! Your amazing vignettes and the light and bright feeling, just make me feel at home. I'll be featuring your post this week on Vintage Inspiration, thanks so much for linking up to the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debra, you have made my day! I really enjoy your inspiring blog. Thank you for hosting such wonderful parties!

      Delete
  16. So beautiful. I love home tours and yours is great! Thanks for sharing. The colors are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found you and am a new follower-LOVE your style! Gorgeous room! I'd love you to visit and say hello ;)
    Susan
    www.mustlovejunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan, I will definitely stop by, nice to meet you!

      Delete
  18. I adore your room- so bright and cheery and welcoming! Sharing at the party tonight~thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney, I am so excited! I love your blog and home. Thank you for hosting such great parties. :)

      Delete
  19. its all just gorgeous, kimberlee! i just love your style:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kimberlee, your room looks amazing. I love the soft light shabby chic color scheme and design. Beautiful and so inviting looking. Your table top vignettes are gorgeous. I hope you will link them up to my Table Top Tuesday party. Stunning. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the layout and look of your new space. I would like to pin it for inspiration. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely room! I am especially inspired by the chest and sideboard area. Cute pup too, and our Lab loves the couch too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful living room - especially love the wall art!
    Your newest follower - would love to have you drop in and
    follow back :)
    hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous room. You know I love that sign since I have one, too. Such a great statement
    piece. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The entire room is just gorgeous! I love the sign too and all your little details. And that buffet is beautiful! I am ordering ASCP for the first time... can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Since the admin of this web site is working, no hesitation
    very quickly it will be well-known, due to its quality contents.


    Feel free to visit my web site: http://www.tattoochitchat.com/Amie2342

    ReplyDelete
  27. Could you possibly share the style/color of the slipcover you purchased? I'm in desperate need of one and love how yours looks!!
    Thanks,
    Melody :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just came across your living room reveal through Pinterest. Absolutely love everything about this room.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Do you have a link for the slipcovers?

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.