Sunday, August 12, 2012

80 Days Until Disney Countdown Party

I'm back with another countdown to Disney party! For our 80 days countdown, my kids chose 101 Dalmations. This was a very simple and fun party to do, and the kids really enjoyed it.
We had all dog food for the party, I made K9 Krunchies from a puppy chow recipe, dog bones (which were graham cracker Scooby snacks) and Kibble's 'n Bits (Reeses Puffs cereal) The kids even decided to eat like dogs out of their dog bowls, which was very amusing to watch!
I blew up and hung some spotted balloons from the chandelier, then to add more black and white to the table, I traced a dog bone cookie cutter on some white paper and cut them out, the kids had fun helping cut out some black spots for the table too. It was easy to stay under my $10.00 Disney saving budget on this one, as the only things purchased were the table cloth, plates, napkins, and small pack of balloons.
The K9 Krunchies were a hit, and very easy to make, here is the puppy chow recipe I used, http://www.momswhothink.com/easy-recipes/puppy-chow-recipe.html.   
Every dog in the house was invited to watch the movie with us.
I thought I would share some planning tips along with our countdown parties. If you are starting to plan a Disney vacation, this book is a must have! I read three different planning books our last trip, and Fodors Walt Disney World With Kids, was by far my favorite. I can't imagine having gone on our trip without it. When we decided we were going back to Disney, the first thing I did was head to the bookstore to get an updated copy of this book. There are also lots of great websites and forums out there, that I will also be sharing.
I really like to involve the kids when planning also. I think it makes it more exciting for them, and I want to know what things they would like to do. This is a great book for them to have, it has lots of pictures and explains rides and places, it also has many tips from other children about their Disney vacations. I highly recommend getting this one for your children. Mine have really enjoyed it.
Not only are we counting down to Disney, I am counting down to fall! This has been the hottest and most dry summer I can remember. We have been having some cooler weather this weekend that has me even more pumped for autumn to arrive. I had to light one of my fall candles and bring a few fall boxes in to play around with some ideas for this year. I'm excited to decorate with my new look! I will return soon with our 70 Days Until Disney Countdown Party, have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I am at the 80 day mark today and getting very excited. I still feel we are too far out to start to countdown or celebrate our trip just yet. I have a 3 and a 6 year old and I think once we hit the 30 day mark it will be time to celebrate. Have to admit though, we talk about our Disney trip EVERY night before bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at the 80 day mark today and getting very excited. I still feel we are too far out to start to countdown or celebrate our trip just yet. I have a 3 and a 6 year old and I think once we hit the 30 day mark it will be time to celebrate. Have to admit though, we talk about our Disney trip EVERY night before bed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.