Tuesday, September 18, 2012

~Fall Vignettes~

I thought I would take a break from all the Disney posts, to share what I have done in our home for fall this year. This fall was very tricky for me, for one I am working with a new style, and second, due to saving for our big trip, I had zero decorating budget! I was determined to make it work with what I had, and I enjoyed the challenge. I think it turned out alright, I would rather have less orange, and more vintage glam in the future. I have absolutely LOVED all the black, white and silver I am seeing everywhere in Halloween decor this year. It took all I had in me to keep my money tucked away and not buy all new fall goodies! I do have some fun Christmas decorating plans though, so I will look forward to that. :)
Here is how the buffet area turned out, we finally hung that mirror! Yay! And got rid of the ugly cord that you could see under the buffet.

Like my set of hooters? I love owls, I noticed they are still out in the stores this year, I am glad, I hope they stick around.






The dry sink and cabinet area.




                                                                                  


I still have lots of work to do in the dining room. I need to sand down and paint our table, refinish the top, and finish the accent wall, but I will show you what I have on the old antique cabinet in the dining room. I found the mirror for $10.00 at a resale shop, and the lamps I found at Gordmann's for $35.00. I gave them an Annie Sloan chalk paint makeover. I will be showing before and after pictures of the project in another post. I love ASCP! I also painted the cabinet in ASCP Paris Gray.
                                                                              

                                                                 
On the old dresser in the living room, I decided to make a vignette surrounding a picture of my late grandmother when she was 16. She passed way two years ago this October.
                                                                          

                                                                       
I love you Grandma Betty, I hope you like the vignette I made for you!

                                                               
I will return soon with my fall mantel and a couple other areas in our living room, and of course the rest of our countdown to Disney parties.:)  Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!


Kimberlee

I am linking to-

 
 The Lettered Cottage Fall Link Party
 A Stroll Thru Life
Stone Gable
Common Ground
CowGirl Up
French Country Cottage


30 comments:

  1. i love love love what you did....i too have a new style this year....and wish i could do more....i was getting so bored with primitive and I enjoy visiting your blog ...keep sharing....thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! You have a great decorating eye. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, it is all beautiful! I love it! It's like you have the midas touch only everything you touch becomes lovely! God bless! Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all Kimberlee! So nice.
    Great job using what you had.
    Blessings~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You had some great stuff to work with and the orange looks fab (even if you are tired of it!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rustic and more colour-subdued features of your vignettes. Its amazing how you used everyday items and made them look "fallish"! Terrific job!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Kimberlee! I love all your vignettes. Your buffet is gorgeous. You have a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word, I love everyone of your vignettes. They are all so pretty and beautifully done. I couldn't pick a favorite. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an awesome job using what you already have to decorate in your new style! I love the orange. The splendor of Fall is all about color and orange is definitely a big part of that. I wouldn't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fall vignettes are gorgeous! I'm your newest follower. Happy Fall.
    Patricia http://topiaryrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your fall vignettes are gorgeous! I'm your newest follower. Happy Fall.
    Patricia http://topiaryrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, your vignettes are gorgeous!! Love them all and that crow on your dry sink is amazing. Love the photo of your dear grandmother and her vignette too. I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is so light and bright. I love it. Cheers me right up just looking at your fall decor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Love Love everything about ALL of this and the wonderful "POPS" of color scattered throughout.Just lovely! Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kimberlee, You've done a great job with your fall decor using what you already had. I really like your vignettes and your sweet tribute to your grandmother.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your vignettes are just beautiful! I used a painting my grandmother did years ago, in one of my displays this week, don't we miss them so much? I'm glad to have found your pretty blog from Courtney's blog party.
    Cheers, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gasping over this post! I am your newest follower. I also just did a vignette with a picture of my grandmother when she was 16. Come on over and see!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness I cannot even pic a favorite / they are all wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, they are all fantastic. Love every element in each especially the one with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all the touches of fall you have around your home! You have a real talent for putting together beautiful vignettes. I couldn't possibly pick a favorite! :-) Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Everything is so pretty. I just love how you put everything together!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Kimberlee~
    just breathtaking~no matter how you decorate ~you do it right~ simply gorgeous~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love all of your fall decor. It is all gorgeous. I saw you featured over at A Stroll Thru Life. I had to stop by to say hi. I would love for you to link up to my Fall into Fall party that opens each Tuesday evening at 8pm EST. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I saw your post featured at Mary's Tabletop Tuesday and had to come and look! Love the different vignettes you've create- especially the dry sink one! I like the bits of orange on your buffet- it looks very fallish! Love your Grandmother's vignette... so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful vignettes, I love everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This turned out fantastic! You have great style!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are a wonderful decorator! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.