Tuesday, November 20, 2012

10 Days Until Disney Countdown Party! & Updates!

Well, it's not really 10 days until Disney, it is almost exactly one month since Disney, and I have a lot of catching up to do! I will start with finishing up our last two countdown parties, and then get to the trip, We had an amazing, magical trip! Everything went really well, and we are already thinking about what we want to do the next time we go back.

For our 10 Days Until Disney Countdown Party we chose a Halloween theme with our favorite Disney Halloween Movies, Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown. We love these two movies and watch them year round.





One of the reasons why we chose to go to Disney World in October was Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Disney closes the park early and is open only to the party guests, so you have to purchase party tickets in order to attend this fun event. The park is lit in spooky Halloween lighting, where there is trick or treating, a Boo To You Halloween Parade, and a special Hallowishes fireworks show. We had so much fun at this event, it was worth the price of the tickets to attend, who wouldn't want to dress up in a costume and go trick or treating at Disney World??


For the party I kept things very simple, since we were having a larger party three days after. On the menu was Creepy Mickey cookies, Haunted veggies, spooky chips, and Booey cheese pizza, with Hocus Pocus punch, (orange V8 Splash juice) .








These cookies were too perfect for the party, I found them at Target. I also discovered Walgreens carried a large number of inexpensive Halloween Disney themed items. I chose the light up flashing cups and activity pads.




We are blessed to have some wonderful friends for our next door neighbors, and we had them join us for this party. I realized I only took this one picture as we were so busy playing and visiting, I forgot to take any more pictures.



I will return soon for our last, but certainly not least, countdown party, here is a sneak peek!


I hope everyone has a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!
Kimberlee



2 comments:

  1. I am a follower of your blog and fellow Disney lover. Our next trip to WDW is planned for April,during Epcot International Flower & Garden Fest. We will be there with our "troop" of thirteen. We plan to make this one the most "memorable" of all the trips we have made together because of some very serious health issues with one of our family. I might post about that on my blog "Mimi Mine" at a later date. Great party and party ideas in your post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.