Sunday, December 2, 2012

~Worlds Collide Party~ 1 Week Countdown To Disney Party!

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! I thought I would wrap up my Disney Countdown Party series today with our final party. Our 1 Week Until Disney Party was my son's idea. Patriot wanted to do a World's Collide party. The Worlds of  Disney, Star Wars, and his very favorite, Harry Potter. I think he was as excited to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, as he was Disney.






We brought out all of his Harry Potter collection to decorate the table for the party.



And then mixed in their Disney and Star Wars favorites for the main table.














We invited my family over for this party and Grandma showed up dressed as Professor McGonagall, armed with a light saber and blaster.




On the menu was butterbeer cupcakes, Hagrid's secret recipe pumpkin pie, McGonagall's sweet treats, Goofy's chocolate cookies, Minnie's sugar cookies, Pizza Planet Pizza, and Yoda Soda. The kids' chose their favorite foods from past parties for this party.











It was the perfect ending to our party fun. I think the anticipation for the trip was almost as fun as the trip! :)

We had a wonderful time at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Here is one cell phone pic I took of the kids on our afternoon Butter beer break at the Hog's Head Tavern. The pub was so very quiet that afternoon. We loved the atmosphere!


My Harry Potter fan had a dream come true on that day. We had waited in a long line to get into Olivander's Wand Shop Show, when we finally got up to the door the lady wasn't sure if there would be room for us or not, then decided to let us in as the last people for that grouping. We squeezed into the crowded room and before we knew what was happening, Olivander walked up to Patriot and chose him for the show. It was the highlight of his trip!!



One happy Wizard.


I will probably post more about our trip after the Christmas season, but here are a few highlights!


























Now on to Christmas!! I will return tomorrow with a post of my mantel dressed for Christmas, here is a sneak peek!






2 comments:

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.