Saturday, February 23, 2013

Stone Accents & Touches of Spring


                                                        Jenifer Rizzo-Spring Linky Party



I am so happy to be back to blogging! My lap top bit the dust a couple weeks ago, it was dead. I was told it was gone for good, and I mourned it deeply. Thankfully, I am married to a computer genius who miraculously brought it back to life and managed to save all my pictures! I would be so lost without him, he saved the day for sure.

Things have been busy this past month. The kids and I made a trip with my mother, sister, and her children to one of our favorite places, Bid Cedar Lodge in Branson, MO. It is a really special place to us, and we always look forward to going and getting away from everyday life for a little bit.






         
What a perfect place to be on a rainy, cold, winters day!





Samantha started her ballet lessons. I just love watching all the little girls learn how to dance.
 Patriot and Samantha also started taking archery lessons. They both really enjoy it.


I started decorating for spring last month. I never last very long after Christmas before I start. I know that may be too early for some, but I have never really followed seasonal rules. I always just do what I feel like doing when it comes to decorating. Who made those rules up anyway? :) I could easily jump straight to spring when the Christmas goes away. Although, I do hold off the rabbits and eggs until closer to Easter.


For my birthday in Jan., I went birthday shopping and ended up buying some new stone accents. They aren't really stone, but they look it. I like mixing different textures into my vignettes, and I realized I would like to add some stone to my spring, another pretty natural element! I found these pieces at The White Rabbit. I wasn't sure where I was going to put them all, but they all found a place. Don't you love when that happens? That is how I shop, if you really, really, love it, there will be a good place for it.

The first piece I chose was this stone fruit, it found a home in the dining room.

You will have to act like you can't see the spot on the ceiling in the mirror, we had a leak in our roof from an unsealed pipe, and my husband fixed it, but we still haven't done the finish over it. And if you didn't notice the spot, then, forget I said anything. :)




The second piece I found was this bust, my kids refer to her as the creepy lady, but I think she is pretty. She resides on the fireplace mantle for now. We named her Caroline.












I also found this terrarium, and fell in love. I was needing something for the middle of the buffet and it was a perfect fit!




I decided to fill the inside with another stone piece, pheasant feathers, old sheet music, old books, a mirror, and small boxwood urn.


During our trip to Big Cedar Lodge, I came across this lamp at Kirklands, it was on a great sale, and I could not pass it up. Even though it barely fit into the car with everyone, I practically rode home with the shade on my lap, but it was worth it. I love this lamp, and the burlap shade!





I have some fun plans for today, after wanting to watch this show for almost a year, I am finally going to sit down and start season 1 of Downton Abbey! I have my English candle and tea ready. If you are also late to the party, you can watch season 1 on Netflix, and season 2 on Hulu Plus. I have season 3 recorded and saved on the DVR, but I am sure you can find it to watch elsewhere, if you do not have it recorded. We will see how far I can get this weekend.




Thank you for stopping by! I will return soon with more spring and Easter, have a great weekend!

Kimberlee


Sharing at- A Stroll Through Life
                  Coastal Charm
                  The Farmhouse Porch-Cowgirl Up
                  Savvy Southern Style
French Country Cottage- Feathered Nest Friday
 Common Ground-Be Inspired

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful Spring touches...love all of it...my fav is that great terrarium! Enjoy the shows...maybe I will do the same.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated bday!Your touches are just beautiful, as always! Those are great bday gifts and you have such a gift for making everything look so drn pretty! HAve a great night, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, as always!! I thought the "spot" was a vent.
    You can get Season 3 of Downton Abbey on PBS.COM for a few more weeks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring vignettes are so pretty!LOVE that mirror and terrarium! That candle sounds like a wonderful scent!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorating style! I try to add some stone pieces to my decor when I can. Very pretty touches and you put them together so well!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of it! The touches of stone, the little greenhouse, everything! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimberlee,
    Dear one, since you've finished your Spring vignettes, why not jump the State Line and come help with mine??? Tempting, isn't it???
    I adore how you've mixed the greenery, tulips and natural elements among the busts and the ironstone pitchers with mirrors as backdrops!!! Exquisitely done!
    Thank you for sharing...now go enjoy Season(s) of Downton Abbey. After all, I'd say you've earned it!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat
    P.S. Visiting from Marty's TTT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have created beautiful vignettes. I love the tulips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love that tulip basket!! Have to pin that one!! Lots of pretty stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a nice get-away. Your new decortive touches look fabulous. I like your mix of things. That terrarium is neat. I saw those feathers and it just gave me the idea to add one to my cloche!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi lovely lady.
    This is my first time on your Beautiful Blog. I love the way you have put together all your Idea's so sweet. Im your newest follower now, hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every time I visit a blogger, I find new ways to use things I already have. I'm pinning this post -- and enjoy Downton Abbey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so lovely. Your vignettes are so beautiful and I love the stone pieces mixed in with the ironstone. Love the birdcage too. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such fabulous finds! Love how you worked them into your vignettes, so pretty. I LOVE the Kirklands in Branson. We are heading there on vacation later this spring...any shops I need to know about? Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your touches of spring!! I, too, like the stone pieces. Everything lookd great!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that tea cup is so adorable!
    Visiting from the Six Days of Spring Link Party.
    Anjana @ http://happyandharried.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy I stopped in, this is a beautiful post!
    Going to peek around a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your gold mirrors. They are exquisite. {I'm obsessed with golden mirrors, evidence on my latest post.} Everything looks stunning, because the pieces are beautiful and stacked to perfection on different levels. I really like your style, and I will be following you now!

    Hugs from Oklahoma,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are some wonderful vignettes! You have the special gift for blending textures and objects and I just wanted to stare at your photos! And thanks for sharing the pieces of your family life, love seeing the tiny dancers. So sweet. I'm Leslie from Gwen Moss

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just found your blog your home is so pretty. You are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simply Gorgeous...I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award you can see it at http://hickorytrailblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/i-was-nominatedliebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is important and everything.

    Nevertheless think of if you added some great graphics or video clips to
    give your posts more, "pop"! Your content
    is excellent but with images and videos, this site could
    undeniably be one of the very best in its niche. Great blog!



    Here is my blog post ... fake ray bans

    ReplyDelete
  23. treat fatty liver naturally treat fatty liver naturally treat fatty liver naturally

    Have a look at my web blog fatty liver homeopathic remedy

    ReplyDelete