Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Catching Up With Summer

Where has the summer gone? Is it really close to the end of August already??! This summer has flown by,  it has been a busy, but good one. I hope it was a good one for you all too!



I added some coastal touches to our mantel this summer, I hope to add more coastal touches to my home next summer, I love the look and feel of it!





A few weeks ago, we unexpectedly and very spontaneously, added a new furry member to our family.


Meet Prince, he is a rescued papachi (papillion/chihuahua) puppy, and my daughter Samantha's early birthday gift. His official name is Little Prince George Smores Charming. He is a whopping two pounds full of fun and sweetness. We got him the day after the royal baby was born, so we thought our new royal baby needed a royal name also.





Samantha has been a very good mommy.


I forgot how having a puppy is literally like have a newborn baby! They are a lot of work, things are starting to settle down now though, we all sleep through the night now, and he is potty training well. I can tell he is going to be a wonderful little dog, this is my first small dog, and it has been an adjustment, but oh, so fun!



Samantha has been having way too much fun with her new baby.



It took my Luke a few days to warm up to Prince, but they are good buddies now.


This cooler summer weather we have been having has me so excited to decorate for fall soon! I have loved seeing all the fall decorating on pinterest and the blogs, it really has me in the mood for the beautiful, warm colors of autumn. My kids have asked if I could do all Halloween decor this year, we will see what happens, that sounds kind of fun to me!


Have a good week!

God Bless,
                Kimberlee


Sharing at-

Coastal Charm

Savvy Southern Style

7 comments:

  1. Love your home, it's beautiful! What a little cutie he is, and your daughter looks like she's having so much fun. Can't wait to see how you decorate for Fall!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberlee,
    I love this post. What a cute little new addition he is adorable. I love your costal mantel. It really is gorgeous. I too cannot wait to see what you do with it for fall.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the puppy is so cute with your daughter!! What a great choice.

    We had a lab that looked just like yours, hers was Katie. She was a gentle giant for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new puppy is almost as darling as your daughter - such a cutie. Your post is lovely and I want to pin almost everything. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWW, what a sweet little guy he is!!! And Luke looks like he is adjusting:):) Can't wait till I see what you do for Fall/Halloween. I am ANTSY to start but want to hang on to the last of summer!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prince is just too cute!!...and your daughter sure is a good mommy to him. We have a little 1 1/2 year old yorkie, so I know what you mean that when you first get them...it is like having a new born. Can't wait to see your Fall décor.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.