Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Halloween Chic Mantle & Vintage Market Days

             Happy Fall! Or I guess I should say Halloween, because that is how things are looking around here. I love decorating for fall, as much as I love Halloween, I prefer fall decor. My children made a special request this year though, they wanted Halloween. I guess because the past two years I decorated for fall with the intentions to add some Halloween later in Oct. but, it didn't happen, things got busy and it never came out. So, we decided to do full on Halloween this year. I have been having fun getting things spooky, I started with the fireplace mantle. I am calling it the Halloween Chic, Spooky Glam mantle. 




I started with draping the black gauze on the mantle, then added some urns to hold it in place. I then placed the crows where I wanted them, before adding the old books, mercury candlesticks, and votive holders. The final layers added were the orange stems and spider webs. I love layers and textures!


The urns remind me of a haunted mansion.




The sheet music wreath is something I brought home from The Vintage Market Days.







Last Friday, I went to the St. Louis Vintage Market Days, this was their first year having it in St. Louis, I had been counting down the days for this event!



We arrived at the Rocking J Ranch on opening day, and we weren't disappointed. This place was a piece of heaven on earth. The setting was perfect, a farm nestled in beautiful rolling hills, horses in the field, and a big barn filled with vintage treasures waiting to be found. And the cherry on top? Sweet tea, a dessert truck, and good live music. We had a blast, and can't wait for next years market! I did not bring my camera, because I knew my hands would be full, so some cell phone pics will have to do. Enjoy!




















Some of our treasures in the car, ready to go home.


My finds from the market, I will post later what I did with my new pieces.


I will also be posting about our new flooring soon! My nasty carpet is now gone from our main living area, and I am loving it!


I will return soon with our new flooring and some more Fall/Halloween decor.
Have a great week!



Kimberlee


Sharing this post at:

Thrifty Decor Chick

Coastal Charm

Cedar Hill Ranch

A Stroll Thru Life

Ivy and Elephants

City Farmhouse

Savvy Southern Style

Craftberry Bush

Funky Junk Interiors

15 comments:

  1. Kimberlee,
    It looks amazing I can see why you had your hands full. Lot's of sweet treasures to be had.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, so spooky! I'm impressed that you were able to make a spooky mantel still look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your glamorous and chic mantel. Every element is perfect for your vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you decorated your mantel. I agree, the urn's do remind me of a haunted mansion also. Seeing your decorations makes me want to get mine out. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glamourous and spooky, you nailed it for sure! Love the look, beautiful enough for the adults and just enough Halloween to keep the kids happy. I can't wait to see more! The new flooring is lovely.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! And I love your whitewashed brick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vintage market looked like my kind of show. I am going to the City Farmhouse Barn Sale in Franklin in two weeks and I can't wait! Luv how you used that music sheet wreath with your Halloween mantel...wonderful idea.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't usually like Halloween décor much but am really impressed with your mantel! It has just the right amount of spookiness and it is done in a "classy" way if that makes sense. How nice of you to forego your fave Fall décor in order to please your kids. Its true, if you don't decorate for Halloween early on, it sneaks up on you!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow a lot of good treasures. Can't wait to see what you have done with yours. The mantel looks great, love that wreath!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your post. I really love the way you set your mantle up for Halloween with a little bit of fall. Perfect. Looks like that was a great show, wish we had more of those in our neck of the woods. Did you go by Sweetie Pies? I'd love to go there. Lots of nice things you picked up..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, what a great place to look for treasures. I love your mantel, it is fantastic. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mantel is fantastic! Very spooky and chic all at the same time. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i bet your kids are loving on that mantle, then. it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kind of Halloween mantel! I love the mix of things you chose. The black cheese cloth and the spider webbing bring it together perfectly! The market shopping looks like it was a great place to go!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.