Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Lash Bash & Exciting News!

Just a warning, if you can't handle lots of girly pink, makeup, and vintage glam, this may not be the post for you. I have never shared this on my blog before, but I love makeup and beauty products as much as I love decorating. I think it all started when I was a young girl, my sister and I would go visit my Grandma Betty who owned a cosmetics store. In her shop, she had a large makeup counter in the back filled with makeup goodness, and she would let us sit there and practice and play with makeup all day long, it is there my love of makeup, and a dream of owning my own shop one day, was born. I love makeup!

A couple months ago, Ipsy and Benefit Cosmetics announced that they would be selecting a certain number of Ipsy subscribers to receive a special Lash Bash package from Benefit Cosmetics, to promote their new, fabulous mascara called, They're Real. I say it's fabulous, because after trying it, I really do love this mascara, and no one is paying me to say that, I really love it! Those chosen to receive the package, were to invite 9 of their friends and host a Benefit Lash Bash party, all guests would receive a goody bag with some wonderful Benefit products inside. (And just a side note, if you do not know what Ipsy is, you can visit their site Here  I love getting my Ipsy bag full of products for only $9.99 each month, it's a great way to try new things, and such a good deal! )
My sister was one of the lucky subscribers to be chosen to host a Lash Bash! We were so excited, we love a good excuse for a party, and the package they sent was too fun.  Later on, she found out that there would be a hostess with the mostest contest. Everyone hosting a Lash Bash would instagram photos of their party, judges would then be choosing a grand prize winner to fly to San Francisco with a guest, for two days, to visit the Benefit Cosmetics home office! It was then we dug deep into our vintage glam reserves, (which included raiding my daughter Samantha's room) tapped into our inner diva spirits, and got to decorating for the Lash Bash. Here is how things turned out............




We created a vanity area for our guests to try on "They're Real" mascara, and some other Benefit products.









My sister made these adorable "lash cakes" with faux lashes on top, too cute!







Beautiful women of all ages at the party, we had so much fun eating, playing games, and trying on some great makeup!

Flutterlicious Pink Moscato wine, yum!



We wanted everyone to feel like they were at a Benefit Cosmetics boutique, it was fun creating such a glam, girly atmosphere.























My sister received an email the other day, and guess what??? Her party WON!!!!! We are going to San Francisco!!!!! I am so excited she is taking me with her, it will be so much fun!  I will be posting all about our adventure to San Francisco with Benefit Cosmetics. We could not be more excited!











Thank you Benefit Cosmetics and Ipsy for this wonderful opportunity!


I hope everyone has a good week, I will return with more fall and Halloween soon!


Kimberlee


Sharing at-


Savvy Southern Style

City Farmhouse

The Farmhouse Porch- The Scoop

Coastal Charm



3 comments:

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.