Sunday, October 12, 2014

Things I Have Learned

                I have started this post many times over the past few months, but every time I did, I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to say. There is so much to say, and yet, I wasn't sure where to begin, how much, or how little I wanted to share. I will say that since Feb. 9, 2014, my life has not been the same. That is the day Interstitial Cystitis (IC), decided to come roaring back into my life. And I know that any person who has IC that reads this, will know what that means. It means pain. Lots of pain. And it means your life is pretty much put on hold. While you live moment to moment just trying to get through the day.
Although I could say the past 7 months have been the worst of my life, I could also say they have been some of the best also. In every bad thing, there is always good that can come of it, and I do believe that with all of my heart. Here are a few things I have learned over the past few months.
1. Sometimes God may put you in a very dark place, so that you can see how bright his light can shine in the darkness. Trust Him, with Him you can get through anything. 2. Read number 1,again. 3. Learn to make the most of each moment, by living in the moment. 5. Always listen to your inner voice and follow your instincts.

6. The mind, body, spirit connection is a powerful thing. 7.Always do your research and educate yourself. 8. There is always hope, never give up. 9.You are stronger than you think. 10. Take it one day at a time, you will get there. 11. Appreciate your family more. (I did before, but I never would have gotten through the past few months without my wonderful husband, mother, children, and family.)  12. If we never go through hard times, we won't ever grow or appreciate the good times. 12. What you believe, is what you will be. I believe that I WILL be WELL again.



Thank you to each person who checked in on me these past few months. I am very slowly but surely getting better. There are good days and bad days, and  I believe there will be more good days than bad days soon. I did all my fall decorating, and that is saying something! I would never have been able to a few months ago, that is progress! :)









I am getting so excited for all of the holidays coming up. This is my favorite time of the year, and I look forward to sharing some projects I have been slowly working on these past few months. I will return soon with my fall home tour.




I pray that anyone who is dealing with chronic pain or illness that reads this post, will have hope and healing soon. Never give up.

Thanks for stopping by,

                                       Kimberlee


Sharing at-
 Savvy Southern Style
Coastal Charm
Cedar Hill Ranch

4 comments:

  1. hi Kimberly.....I have missed you so much.....and would check your blog often to see if you had posted....I was so happy to see you back...but also so sorry to hear how you have been struggling and hurting since your last post...I hope that you can find some peace and feel better soon....sending big hugs your way...and all my prayers too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you have such a debilitating condition. A friend of mine suffers with it and I know it is so very painful. hopefully you can find healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kimberly, MY very first time of reading your blog. I really wanted to say, I am so sorry for your condition and my prayers are on the way. Hope you are feeling better soon. I know all about lemons and have had to make lemonade myself many times as they seem to fall into my lap. I think of them as tests sometimes. Well, just wanted to thank you for such a nice site to be able to turn to on a Sunday morning and remember,, Blessed are those who recieve lemons for they shall make lemonade!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.