Friday, August 21, 2015

Master Bedroom Makeover Reveal

I'm so excited to share this room with you today! Last year when I was sick and stuck in bed for months, I would look around my ugly, depressing bedroom and think about how I wanted it to look. I wanted it to be a serene place, light and airy, pretty, calm, luxurious, and yet cozy and casual at the same time. I wanted vintage pieces, french touches, and a place that felt like a pleasant retreat at the end of the day. At the time our room was anything but that. Like so many moms do, I had put our room last on the list, it was very neglected. It was painted a color I hated, a weird tan/gold that I didn't like the moment we painted it years ago, but I had never gotten around to fixing it to a color I liked. It had worn out stained carpet that made me cringe every time I looked at it. To see all of that now gone and my vision of what I wanted come to life, is a very satisfying and therapeutic feeling. 

I had slowly started collecting things for this makeover a couple years ago. I am glad I took the time to carefully and thoughtfully choose pieces I really loved. I was also able to find great bargains! The bed was a lucky Craigslist find, it was originally a dark wood and was very pretty, but also very scratched up. I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk paint in Old White. It took me 12 hours to apply two coats, sand, and wax this large bed. All the hard work was so worth it, I love how it turned out!


After sampling and testing many gray paint colors for the wall, I ended up going with Moonshine from Benjamin Moore. I am so glad I did, it is a beautiful neutral gray, and it wasn't too dark or too light for what I was wanting.



The Swedish Mora clock was my birthday gift this year, It was originally black. I painted it with Annie Sloan chalk paint in Old Ocre, dry brushed in Pure white, sanded and then used clear and dark wax for aging.








The fireplace bookshelf is a piece I bought from an antique store years ago for my daughter's room. It is made from an old fireplace mantle and is one of my all time favorite pieces. We had to take it out of my daughter's room for a project I will be sharing this fall. I was thrilled to move this piece into our room. :)
















The nightstands were originally part of an old vanity. They were solid white when I purchased them from The White Rabbit. I painted them in Annie Sloan's Paris Grey, sanded, dry brushed with Pure White, and added some vintage style glass knobs.



The chandelier was one of my most exciting finds. I bought it for $20.00 off of a local yard sale group last fall. Yes, $20.00!!





I am still working on what I will put on the fireplace shelves permanently. For now I gathered some mercury pieces I already had and an old crate. I am going to wait for the Vintage Market this fall to see if I find the perfect thing for it. Part of the fun is the hunt! :)

You can never have too many pillows in my book! :) It took me a while to find bedding I loved, I eventually found pieces from Joss & Main, Ebay, Etsy, Target, and Homegoods.









It took me a year to find lamps I loved. A year! I finally found the right pair at the At Home Store, but they were an orange gold shade. So I painted them with Annie Sloan Old Ocre, sanded, and waxed with clear and dark aging wax.










       I can't make this post without mentioning my sweet husband who helped and worked so hard with me on our room. Thanks for stopping by to visit and see our new room.I will add a resource list below.
Have a great weekend!

God Bless,
                 Kimberlee


Wall color- Benjamin Moore Moonshine
Fooring- Allen & Roth Handscraped Driftwood Oak from Lowes
Rug- Lowes
Bamboo shades-Lowes
White curtain panels-IKEA
Tufted Bench-At Home (painted legs with Annie Sloan old White)
Lamps & Shades- At Home- (lamps painted Annie Sloan Old Ocre)
Antique nightstand- The White Rabbit STL
Frame- The White Rabbit STL
Old books- The White Rabbit-STL
Mirror- Kirklands
Urns- Joss and Main
Mercury- Homegoods, Kohls, World Market & The White Rabbit
Glass knobs- World Market
Annie Sloan chalk Paint- The Gingham Buffalo
Mora Clock- Joss & Main- (painted Annie Sloan Old Ocre, Pure White, Clear, and Dark Wax)
Bed- Craigslist find
Chandelier- local yard sale find
Antique Fireplace bookshelf-local Antique shop
Damask quilt- Joss and Main
Tan Damask sham- ebay
Tan and white ruffles shams- ebay
white ruffle bolster pillow- Homegoods
Ticking Stripe Euro Sham- ETSY- Only Linens Shop
Embroidered monogram pillow- ETSY- Sew Gracious
White Comforter-Rachel Ashwell- Target


Sharing at---

A Stroll Thru Life

Home Stories from A to Z

Coastal Charm

The Scoop

From My Front Porch To Yours

32 comments:

  1. Kimberlee, Your bedroom is gorgeous! I love every detail and that you personalized all your fantastic finds! You did a beautiful job.
    love and blessings~
    Lynda @ Gates of Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bedroom is just lovely. You made all the right choices and the $20 chandelier is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is gorgeous! Just wondering what you are doing for dressers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and elegant!! Great job shopping for bargains!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm inspired. Thanks for oncluding the paint colors. So helpful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you to have the bedroom of your dreams. You did a fantastic job.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is WOW!!! I LOVE your bedroom!!! I think it is just one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen! Your painting skills are excellent! I love how you have painted things to bring your room together. Great job!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I can say is WOW!!! I LOVE your bedroom!!! I think it is just one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen! Your painting skills are excellent! I love how you have painted things to bring your room together. Great job!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your room is absolutely beautiful...the prettiest one I have seen forever! I used to have those same nightstands hat were part of a desk we cut apart. We, too, bought them at a junk store where it was hidden in a corner, covered with more junk. Yours look like they have new tops...beautiful! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room is just beautiful...love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word, this is totally amazing. That chandy for $20 is unreal. Beautiful room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've definitely achieved the pretty & serene bedroom you envisioned! It's great that you were able to transform so many pieces of furniture with chalk paint to suit the look you were going for. Love the Mora clock and the mantel. And your dogs! Enjoy your relaxing new bedroom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bedroom is beautiful! The color palette is so relaxing! I think it's fine it took a few years to get the look you wanted... I like an evolving room and think it would be totally boring to have everything picked out all at once from one store. Coming from WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I love every single detail.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I cannot believe you scored that chandelier for $20! I'm trying to find one just like it! Great job on your room!! ~julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so beautiful! Love all your pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Kimberlee I love every single element of your room! It's amazing!! I'm redecorating my guest room in a country French vibe right now and I can only hope it turns out half as good as your master retreat. You have an incredible eye for putting things together to make a beautiful retreat. Thanks so much for sharing your talent and ideas.

    Blessings, Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your fireplace shelves actually look like they might have originally been an empire dresser. Now I'm going to look for one to use in my LR as a faux fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your bedroom is gorgeous! I love every detail. Elegant. I'm inspired! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, now your bedroom is inspiring. That's a great thing. It also shows how nearly everything is salvageable, and can be turned into something a bit more elegant. Great job! I hope to see more of this, please. Cheers!

    Dante Storey @ Healthy Bed Store

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your bedroom is gorgeous! I love every detail of it. You did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks so beautiful! Love all your pillows. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous...everything that I would want our master bedroom to look like. Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely gorgeous...everything that I would want our master bedroom to look like. Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just beautiful! Such a serene and restful place you have created! I have similar piece to your mantel shelf that I had no idea what to do with...now I know! I love the mercury glass items. I don't know what I like best about the room, it all comes together so beautifully. I am pinning and sharing over at FB and Twitter, but I would love it if you would stop by and share this at Celebrate your Story link party. It opens on Saturday 8 PM EST. This lovely room certainly is a celebration of a long journey for you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just beautiful! Such a serene and restful place you have created! I have similar piece to your mantel shelf that I had no idea what to do with...now I know! I love the mercury glass items. I don't know what I like best about the room, it all comes together so beautifully. I am pinning and sharing over at FB and Twitter, but I would love it if you would stop by and share this at Celebrate your Story link party. It opens on Saturday 8 PM EST. This lovely room certainly is a celebration of a long journey for you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is how you help people by letting them know about modern trends and useful ideas about those decor things. So, I wanted to say thanks to you for such of your kind and sweet behavior to us. Such a nice and amazing post.

    Tayse Transitional Rugs

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Can you tell me the brand name of the grey damask quilt? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your bed is gorgeous! Would you mind telling me how much paint you used on the bed and if you used a clear or tinted wax?

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.