Tuesday, February 21, 2017

2016 Christmas Home Tour & New Living Areas

Merry Christmas!......Oh, wait! It's Feb.! Well, let's just pretend it's December and snow is gently falling outside with Bing Crosby playing in the background.  This was our first Christmas in our new home with us living here, but we have spent many, many, family Christmases in this house, and it's so great to be living in a place that has so many wonderful holiday memories.

This is the first time I am sharing our new living and dining room with you. The only thing I gave up moving into this home, was a smaller living room. In our last home our living room was called the great room, and it was very large and open, but all of the rest of our home was smaller. At first I wondered if it would bother me downsizing the living room, but we have gained so much space in every other way, it hasn't bothered me at all! We now have a family room in our finished basement where my gaming husband and kids like to hang out, so this room has almost become my own personal living room. I love it's cozy cottage feel! 


I gave our fireplace a makeover before I decorated for Christmas, you can see the before and after in this previous post





Luckily my parent's had already painted the living and dining room walls in a paint color I like, Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray. And they had installed new flooring that is the same flooring we installed in our previous home, Allen and Roth Handscraped Driftwood Oak from Lowes. So the only two things I did in both rooms was change out the light fixtures and make over the fireplace.





















I love all of the extra natural light and morning sun that comes into my new living room! So much more light than in our other home.




I am still on the hunt for the perfect light fixture and small coffee table for this room.


I am thrilled to have a larger dining room in this home! I have room to play around and move things to different areas, which is so nice. I ended up using my bargain find chandelier we had in our bedroom in our previous home in the dining room for this home, and I love it in here!


I am ready for different dining chairs and a dining hutch or cabinet in this room, but would like to finish other areas in our home first. In the meantime, I have been brainstorming on what different look and style I would like to see in here.















Thank you for stopping by to see my new home and Christmas tour! We have an entryway with stairs, laundry room, kitchen, powder room and front formal living room also on this floor of our home, and I will share them when I have those areas completed. The next room I do have completed is my daughter's room that I will share in my next post. 

Have a blessed day!

Kimberlee



Kimberlee


 

5 comments:

  1. Kimberlee it all looks beautiful! I picked out the paint color for our new home and as soon as it was going up I knew I was not going to like how dark it made our house feel but we were stuck with it so over the weekend I started the painstaking process of repainting our home and can you guess what color!? Agreeable Gray because it will lighten and brighten our home up so much! I told hubby over the weekend I was ready for new dining room furniture but one wit would have to wait if I was going to get any of my other projects competed. We have plans of bricking several walls and tons of wainscoting and shiplap that needs to happen. I have most of the new lighting. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I could just sit for hours and admire your beautiful home. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post.
    hotel search

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful room is this and I like it very much.Cartincoupon.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! glad to know that you have done home renovation for Christmas. Your home is looking so beautiful after renovaion. Thanks for sharing the amazing pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.