Saturday, February 18, 2017

A New Home & Changes

I have been absent from this blog for almost a year, 2016 flew by and it  brought a lot of unexpected changes with it!   


This summer my parents put their house on the market, and moved out of state to Longmont, CO. We lived just around the corner from them. It was bittersweet to see them go. We were excited to have an amazing new place to visit and see them on some new adventures, but at the same time, it was going to be sad to not have Grandma and Papa around the corner anymore. Especially for my kids who loved going to Grandma's house.









At the time of their move, I was also struggling with my Interstitial Cystitis (IC). I was in a lot of pain, and struggling to get through, one day at a time. So the thought of selling our home and moving was not even an option or thought in my mind. I just wanted to be well and pain free!  So I asked God to show me the healing path, and he did. It's much too long of a story to share in this post, but I will say it was a summer of spiritual growth, learning, healing, awakening and major changes to my diet and lifestyle.

I started a strict detox regime and raw vegan fruitarian diet .In three months I was pain free and full of energy! I am still on my detox and raw vegan fruitarian journey, as I  know that if I go back to my old ways, my illness will return. If you would like to learn more about how to naturally heal from any disease or illness, I highly recommend this BOOK. It has changed my life. And for anyone with IC looking to truly heal, I would start with this book also, Sunny's Book Of Healing     It is a must read for those with IC!  You can also consult with Sunny Morrow for a guided detox specialized for IC, as I did for the first couple months of my healing.


By the end of the summer, my parent's home had not sold. I would go over to check on it for them after showings. It still had never crossed my mind to buy their house.


In late August, my husband and I went over to use my parent's empty garage to build two large doll house rooms for my daughter's American Girl dolls for her birthday. While I was in their kitchen rinsing paint brushes, I looked out the window over their pretty pond they have in their backyard, and it just suddenly hit me, I could almost hear a voice say, "HELLO! YOU are suppose to buy this house!" 



It was perfect timing that I was now feeling well. As my parent's loved the idea and told us to move in right away.





We moved in and then began the selling process on our old home. God was very good to us, we were sold and closed in under 45 days.


Although it was very bittersweet leaving the home I raised both of my children in, we had also very much outgrown it and we were all thrilled to be moving to a larger place that is twice the size of our old home. We were blessed to have so many great memories in our home, but it also had many of illness, and we were all ready for a new change! The timing was so right! :)  It has also been so comforting for my kid's to be in their grandparent's house, since they now live far away.


Now that we are in our new home and settled, I will be sharing what I have been doing in our new home. So stay tuned!


Kimberlee

5 comments:

  1. I applaud you for finding a holistic approach for your IC, Kimberlee. I've been on a similar quest to treat my IBS symptoms and it's extremely difficult to change a lifetime of eating habits, but if it works, that's the key. Congratulations on buying your new home! It's wonderful that everything worked out the way it did and I wish you continued success in your home and your health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki! Thank you so much, yes, it takes time and hard work, but it's so worth it! Prayers of healing for you on your path,I have such compassion for those dealing with any type of chronic illness. Thanks again, hugs! Kimberlee

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your new home! Excited to see it. Glad to hear that you have had some healing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberlee I can totally understand the bittersweetness. It was hard to say good bye to the house we spent the last 7 years in. My boys were just 5 and 3 when we had moved in. Just babies really and here they were almost 11 and almost 13 and we were embarking on a new adventure. It was HARD!! There was nothing easy about it to say the least. It broke my heart to see how sad it made our oldest the day we told him we had accepted an offer on the house. We knew in our heart of hearts though that it was the right thing to do to get our boys in better schools and hubby closer to work. He went from a 50 minute commute down to 10! We have been in our new home for 4 months now and life is finally settling. I will pray for you and your family. I know there must be great comfort that all the memories of your parents home can still be lived there!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.