Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Pastel Girls Room Makeover

             Today I thought I would share my daughter Samantha's new room we finished for her a couple of weeks ago. Moving into a new home, Samantha was ready for a new look in her new room. She chose a palette of pastels, pink, mint, and lavender accented with white and gold. Sami is eleven, so I wanted to find a balance of making this room suitable for a girl growing into her teen years, while still celebrating what was left of her being a "little" girl. She helped in making most of the design decisions in her room and I think she did such a great job!

We started with her bed, dresser, and gray walls.We are often asked where her bed and dresser came from, we bought them from Sams Club nine years ago. They are made by Whalen Furniture and have held up extremely well over the years.


The first step was painting the room, we chose Voile Pink by Ben Moore, Purple Essence by Clark & Kensington and Tame Teal by Sherwin Williams.








The quilt set and drapery panels we chose are from Pottery Barn Kids, The fur pillows are from Homegoods. The gold heart sheets, lamp, and pillow came from Target.And the gold alarm clock, from Amazon.






The gold heart garland, white pennant banner, and glitter name garland all came from Pearl and Jane on ETSY. The tassel garland I ordered from Amazon. I love layering garlands, to add depth and textures.
The gold dot decals I found on Amazon, they were very easy to apply and are removable.

The wall art came from Hobby Lobby and Homegoods. And of course we had to put a picture of Sami's baby on her nightstand, our rescued papachi (papillion/chihuahua) Little Prince George Smores Charming.




The poms, I ordered from Amazon, and we had to make them. It was fun. You can never have too many poms in my book! :) I hung them using tacks and it worked well, I started with the largest ones and built from there, arranging as I went. Some were hung from the ceiling and some to the wall. We added battery LED fairy lights from Target. And the star garland is also from Pearl and Jane on ETSY.

Prince is sure when there is camera out, it is for him! He has posed for pictures on his own without any help since he was a tiny puppy. He is such a great little guy. :)










For extra storage we added two HEMNES bookcases from IKEA on either side of her dresser. 






The glitter heart canvas was on clearance at Homegoods.  The large star light was a Christmas special at IKEA, I added the touches gold to it. The Girl Boss bag is from Charming Charlie and the peace marquis sign came from Target. The gold dot runner is from the Target dollar aisle, it was scarf and I did a no sew treatment to it to make it a runner with a glue gun and ribbon for the ends.







On the opposite side of the room we made a desk area. We found a great deal for the desk on an online yard sale, we painted it Tame Teal and added the gold hardware.




The lamp, round shelf, and memo boards all came from Target's Pillowfort Collection. The pom pom garland I found on Christmas clearance at a local boutique.




The flowers and hustle sign all came from Homegoods.



Sami loved this fox lamp because it reminded her of Prince.


The white fur desk chair came from Homegoods, the city names did also.


Sami decided to make a vision board on the top and a memory board on the bottom.













My daughter loves her new room, and told me she can't believe it's hers, which made me so happy, I'm glad she appreciates her new room. :)

Have a blessed day!


Kimberlee

Sharing At-

Feathered Nest Friday- French Country Cottage

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful room for a very special young lady. The room is terrific and I love everything that you did, it's amazing. Everything is perfect and Prince also.

    You did an amazing job on her room.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and cheery little girls room! I adore Prince. He is a handsome fella! Our Maxie cat use to be the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious room! Love all of the special touches!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.