Saturday, February 18, 2017

Stone Fireplace Makeover

      With all of the moving and selling this year, it was already the season for Christmas decorating by the time things calmed down enough to decorate our new home. The first project I did was the fireplace.



  
I knew I wanted it to be white, and to give it a light and bright farmhouse feel.



I decided to cover the top portion of the stone with ship lap.  My handy husband screwed two long,  pieces of wood to the wall on either side of the stone and then built the ship lap shell. He then placed the shell over the stone and wood, and drilled it into the two supporting pieces of wood on the wall. Next,  he built the outer frame to place over and screw into the ship lap shell.  I then painted two coats of leftover pure white trim paint I had from selling our other home to the stone and ship lap. Since I already had the paint, the cost of the makeover was only $30 for the wood. A big change for little money!


I love how it turned out and it made such a HUGE difference in this room!  My parent's had already painted the room a color I love, Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray, so thankfully we did not have to paint the walls in this room.












I will be sharing our new living room and dining room in a little Christmas tour in my next post.

God Bless!
Kimberlee

8 comments:

  1. Looks great! Excited to see your new home! Missed not seeing your house decorated for Christmas! Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, Thank you so much! I look forward to sharing more. Hugs! Kimberlee

      Delete
  2. Beautiful job on the fireplace! The shiplap and beautiful white color really make for a beautiful focal point. Love your Christmas decor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deborah, it's amazing what paint can do, isn't it? Thanks again! :)
      Kimberlee

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous makeover Kimberlee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberlee it turned out perfect! What does your mom think about the changes? We moved into our new home at the end of October and it seemed like things never slowed down until just the past few weeks. I still have boxes that I have not unpacked and we still have things in storage. Though we built our home there are many projects we want to tackle and I am trying to sort thru them all and see which I want to do first. Can not wait to watch you transform your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe what a wonderful job you did to update your fireplace with some holiday spirit. The before and after pictures are just jaw-dropping. This design also doesn't look very hard to do. Even the wooden paneling over the top. I might just have to use this as inspiration the next time the holidays roll around. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.